Friday, 10 April 2009

More Amigurumi

Yeah, I know... I may have a problem! I am totally addicted to these little critters now :o) Here is my latest creation, Timmy the Turtle:He's from the Tiny Turtle pattern from the Lion Brand website. Now, the Lion Brand website is an excellent knitting and crochet resource. Not only do they have free patterns but their 'Learning Centre' with FAQs and Learn to Knit and Learn to Crochet sections are fantastic. I also subscribe to their podcast 'Yarncraft' with Liz and Zontee and it's definitely one of my favourites.

I am now working on a second turtle, 'Thomas the Turtle', as these are great for practice and I know my kids or niece and nephew will give them a good home. Timmy only took me a day to complete. Now that isn't a full day with ignoring my kids etc. I actually did look after them and feed them as well as doing all the housework. And this isn't a nod to my crochet prowess either. Nope, it's more a case of these patterns being so fantastic and quick they can be done in a matter of hours.

Don't worry though, my knitting isn't being put on the back burner. I am going to start working on a new Alan Dart toy in the next week or so but haven't decided which yet. I am waiting until Sunday when I get the chance to sort through my stash and see what I have to choose a pattern.


2 comments:

  1. love the turtle my wee girl would love one of these, where do I buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There should be some up to buy on my Folksy shop later this week. Will post when up and running. Thanks for the interest :)

    ReplyDelete