Thursday, 19 March 2009

Knit N Natter

Last night's Knit N Natter meeting was great. It was so nice to get out and talk to other knitters! I love seeing what everyone is working on and it's such a varied range of projects. Cheesybabe (ravelry id) is working on a digger sweater for her little boy from the Lucinda Guy book 'Designs for Kids'. It's a really lovely project and she's just hammering through it. Cloudpurple (ravelry id) is working on a panel for the 'Skye Bridge' project.

Knitisle (ravelry id) is working on socks for her other half. She also bought in some regia yarn she has for other sock projects and it was all gorgeous. Very much tempted me away from my yarn diet. She favours the magic loop method for socks like I do and was helping B with hers. K has started to learn to knit on dpns and is knitting some seriously pink legwarmers and L is working on a chunky vest top. M is our resident baby knitwear expert and is working on the cutest baby cardy you've ever seen!

I worked on my mother's day spare sock. We have such a laugh and talk about everything from knitting to property to Harris Tweed. I am so glad that I started this group as it's enabled me to meet a really wonderful group of knitters. It's also really nice to see everyone helping each other out and learning new things from each other. There's always someone who can help even if that means them finding out the answer for you if they don't have it right there.

I would advise every knitter to find a knitting group and if you can't then do what I did and start one :o) You'll meet some great people through it.

3 comments:

  1. it was a nice night on thursday wasn't it?
    we sound ever so exciting us Lewis girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But we are exciting ;o) You're even knitting a bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will have to make it over the Clisham some night......sounds as if you are having a ball like us in Harris, you'll have to come down to us for a ceilidh..

    ReplyDelete