.... they don't love me :o( I only ever knit on circular needles and I love my Knit Pros. Although I originally started purchasing them when they were still Knit Picks. I like both the metal and wooden tips and have slowly been collecting every size in every tip (shh.. don't tell he who pays or he'll turn into his alter ego 'he who revokes the bank card') and a number of cables to go with them. However, I seem to constantly break my wooden knit pros. They either snap, or the join comes out or the laminated bit shears off. I don't know what I do because I really do love them.
So I've made a tough decision. I am going to stick to buying the metal 'Nova' tips now. Sob sob. Although it isn't that much of a hardship as I actually love the metal tips as well although I often jab my fingers with them. But I would still like to recommend both variations of the Knit Pros to everyone out there. They are a dream to knit with and the cables are fantastic for magic looping. As long as you tighten them with the key or a paper clip or a safety pin they never unscrew. And you can use a safety pin through the tightening holes to stop your stitches sliding up and off the tips when your knitting is stored.
Now for the chicken. I have decided that I will not post a picture of the chick and egg as yet in case anybody is squeamish. We don't want to be looking at dismembered chick over dinner now do we??? To explain, I have all the pieces of the chick knitted up but have to assemble him (he's going to be called bob' and as soon as I have I will post a picture. But I want to finish the egg as well so I think it will be closer to Sunday before Bob is assembled.
Eldest child's hoody is on hold as the knit pro 5.5mm symfonie came away from the join bit of the needle (do you like my technical term) and 'he who pays' is away so can't fix it for me. I have ordered replacement nova tips though so it will be going back onto metal instead of wooden. I fairly certain that it won't affect the gauge too badly.
And the Mother's Day socks went in the post today so hopefully from Sunday my mum will be able to read my blog :o) Everyone at Knit N Natter was suitably impressed with the stripes as well so I was pleased with myself even though regia did all the work.
No comments:
Post a Comment