Well I officially started my Easter gift knitting today. The lovely spring weather got me in the mood so I swatched up (yes, I swatched. I am as impressed as you!) and then cast on the Chick and Egg pattern from the Alan Dart website. I can't tell you the name and details of the yarn I am using as I am using loose skeins from my stash which have lost their labels. My poor organisation is embaressing but has prompted me to dedicate a couple of hours to my stash this weekend. I think it's attempt to escape has made me realise it is unhappy and needs more attention. However, I can tell you that the needles are my 3mm Harmony tips on a 60cm cable. Anyone who knows me knows I love my harmony and options interchangeable needle sets.
I have also cast on the spare mother's day sock for my bag. That will take a while as it really is my out and about project so probably won't do any work on that at home.
On the audiobook front you may notice that I have three on the go. There is a reason for this so thought I would explain. My audiobook listening is a little like my knitting projects and I have different books for different situations. I have my 'grown up choice' (Haunted) which I listen to when I am just sat knitting with my headphones on. These books aren't suitable for listening to out loud in a house with kids in as they may have some swearing in. I then have my 'young adult' choice (Northern Lights) which can be listened to in the car with the kids but is still enjoyable for me to listen to. And then I have my 'knitting' choice (No Idle Hands) which is what I listen to when I have to do something other than knitting with my headphones on (such as housework) and I have run out of knitting podcasts to listen to.
The Stornoway Knit N Natter meets tomorrow evening at 6pm in An Lanntair and I am really looking forward to it. I missed last weeks meeting due to a lack of babysitters and need my fix of talking knitty :o) It's a great crowd of knitters that meet and we do have a laugh. Plus there's cake and I love cake. Well, who doesn't?? So i'll hopefully post some news from the group up here tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment