Monday, 24 December 2012

Book Review: The Forgotten Queen by D.L. Bogdan

The Forgotten QueenThe Forgotten Queen by D.L. Bogdan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Hopefully the formatting of the introduction of this ebook will be cleaned up before General release. Once into the actual book it seems to be fine.

The earlier years involving the death of Arthur and then their mother are rushed through but I suppose enough has already been written about those events and this book is really concerned with Margaret and her journey becoming queen of Scotland.

Into the fourth chapter and the formatting has gone very askew. Margaret is being portrayed as a spoilt, impetuous little girl.

Her marriage and life with James seems all about watching James punish himself and her cope alone with watching her children die while she's still a child herself.

Her stupidity with regards to her second marriage seems ridiculous and the formatting gets no better.

By this point I was really struggling with finishing the book but I did and the ending was fine. I was just glad to be done frankly. I didn't feel any particular sympathy or connection with any of the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment