Sunday, 4 November 2012

I Love My Slow Cooker: More Than 100 of the Best-Ever Recipes - Delicious*Nourishing*Easy to MakeI Love My Slow Cooker: More Than 100 of the Best-Ever Recipes - Delicious*Nourishing*Easy to Make by Beverly Leblanc


The introduction of this book gave really good information about serving sizes in relation to your slow cooker size and a really good guide on which features you need to consider when researching which slow cooker to buy. It also gave very clear explanations of ingredients and methods used in preparing meals to go in the slow cooker.

The soup section was fairly comprehensive and I will definatly be trying the red lentil and sweet potato soup recipe among others. The bolognese sauce also looks good to make and freeze which is another thing I liked about this book, in that she gives the freezer life information for some recipes also.

I would have liked to see a basic table in the meats section giving information on general cooking times for different cuts of meat in case you wanted to try your own recipe that you weren't sure of the cooking time for, but apart from that there were a lot of nice looking recipes in this section, especially the pork ones.

Some of the recipes didn't have particularly long cooking times so I wouldn't be able to make them when I was home on my lunch break for tea that night as they would need to be started closer to tea time.

I didn't find the vegetarian or desert recipes particularly inspiring, however, I thought there was a really good range of stock and accompaniment recipes at the end of the book which you don't always see.

Overall this is a fairly nice Slow Cooker recipe book that I would be happy to have in my kitchen even if I wouldn't go out and buy it straight away.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment