Ready Player One by Ernest ClineMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was really fun and simultaneously disturbing. I found it fun because of the fact that I got so many of the references not only because I was a child in the 80's but also because I have a fairly decent knowledge of gaming, both computer and d&d style. It's good to know that other people did listen to Bryan Adams and Def Leopard!! So why was it disturbing? Well, maybe because of the fact that I know an okay amount about computer gaming and am such a tech addict (yes I did pre order the Kindle Fire & get the shakes without my HTC!!) I can see how society could end up as slaves to a virtual environment that is so much better than reality and that is scary. The world described by the author is really very believable and that in itself proves what an excellent read this is. Fans of dystopia and gaming fiction will really enjoy this.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment