Now the front of the sweater has a slight hole on one side but I figured that I can fix that without any problem:

Or maybe wear something over it! But hey, I just carried on. And then I realised that there was a flaw in the lacework:

It would appear that somewhere along the way my lacework went squiffy. Now I have a dilemma. He who pays assures me that it is unnoticeable to a non-knitter.
But I can see it clearly in these photos and know that all other knitters will as well. But the sweater is just for me and I planned to make another one as I am enjoying it so much so maybe I should just carry on and not stress about it? Any ideas? Suggestions? Encouragement??
Free 'Hand Made' Stitch markers to the first commenter :o)
Eeek, sorry but I disagree with he-who-pays. You will *totally* know that it's a mistake, and painful as it is, you need to rip back to before the mistake in the lace. Even more, I think you'll be pleased that you did so.
ReplyDeleteI am gutted for you! Looks like a lovely knit. But I think you will always regret knitting on now you know there's an error there :(
I am really gutted for you, but I disagree with him-who-pays. I think that this mistake is noticeable.
ReplyDeleteI think that you will be much more pleased with this if you rip back to before the mistake and fix it.
o no charminglochie! what a pain - you will always know! but on the upside it fits and it looks fab so it will be worth ripping it back - as painful as it might be
ReplyDelete:(
yes, totally agree, you must take it back and sort the mistake because every time you put it on you will be thinking about it, sweter looks great otherwise, go on take it back.......
ReplyDelete