
The pink dancing elephant is finished. Isn't she pretty? Little one actually seems quite taken with her so she won't be going in the Folksy shop. Also, her stuffing is showing a little bit through the stitches as I stuffed her a little too firmly so I don't want to sell her looking like that. But apart from that I am very happy with my latest amigurumi offering.
Bought Verena Knitting Spring 2009 yesterday. It doesn't have any articles but the patterns in it are gorgeous. I really want to add a few of them to my Ravelry queue but because I wouldn't be able to buy they yarn (because of my yarn diet) I think it's best to leave it until after September when the diet officially ends. This magazine cost me £3.95 and was well worth the money with over 50 patterns inside in a huge range of sizes and syles.
I have still got birdie and the two colour socks on the needles but I also cast on a tank top for little one yesterday. It's going to be plain blue and is based on the pattern from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns. I have adapted it to knit it in the round but with my success at garment knitting I should probably have stuck to the original pattern to avoid disaster! I guess we'll just have to see how it turns out.
AND.... I think I am going to cast on an amigurumi dog in the next few days. We'll wait and see how I feel. I think I am compensating for not being able to cast on Grace from Verena but I am determined to stick to my yarn diet. No really, I am !!
I have still got birdie and the two colour socks on the needles but I also cast on a tank top for little one yesterday. It's going to be plain blue and is based on the pattern from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns. I have adapted it to knit it in the round but with my success at garment knitting I should probably have stuck to the original pattern to avoid disaster! I guess we'll just have to see how it turns out.
AND.... I think I am going to cast on an amigurumi dog in the next few days. We'll wait and see how I feel. I think I am compensating for not being able to cast on Grace from Verena but I am determined to stick to my yarn diet. No really, I am !!
she is soooo cute
ReplyDelete