Sunday, 26 April 2009

Purple - Yum, Cotton - uggghhh!

Here are my yummy green and purple socks:
I love them :o) My rubbishy photographic skills do not capture the yumminess of the colours in their full glory but trust me, they really are yummy! And of course I am knitting them on my knit pro symfonies which tend to make knitting a bit of a luxury experience. But I am being very strict with myself and only knitting on these when I am out and about. They are to be my portable project for the next few weeks. I've never knitted a sock with a contrasting cuff, heel and toe so I am really hoping I don't mess them up beyond belief!

And on to the ugggghhh part of this post. I hate knitting with cotton :o( Now some may ask why I am perservering in this endevour but if you go on to ravelry and search for the pattern 'Birdie' by the designer Lucinda Guy you will realise why. This is the cutest way I felt I could use up the cotton yarn I had in my stash. And as I am all about only using the stash in 2009 (which by the way is working pretty well) I thought this pattern was the way to go. We'll wait and see if this turns out as I hope!

In other knitting news, the Harris Knit N Natter group organiser emailed details of their event for World Wide Knit In Public Day. They will be be at the Isle of Harris Inn on Saturday 13th June, from 11-3 so there will be access to food/drink and also sitting and toilet facilities. What more could you ask for in an afternoon of knitting??

And my book sales are going well. I think I have made enough to invest in a couple of new books and I am really interested in 'Sock Innovation' by Cookie A, Amigurumi Two by Ana Paula Rimoli and Amigurumi Knits by Hansi Singh. If anyone has any reviews of these (good or bad) please let know :o) Happy Knitting!!

1 comment: