Thursday, 30 April 2009

Knit N Natter Saved My Life....

.... well more my kids really!! I was so glad to get out of the house yesterday evening to Knit N Natter. It really is my saviour once a week. Cheesybabe is working on a fab pair of socks in King Cole zigzag for her other half. I think she is deliberately trying to tempt me off my yarn diet as they look really nice and I am really tempted to get some. And Cloudpurple was casting on a baby hat for a friends baby in some gorgeous cotton yarn. I think it's going to knit up lovely. K is still working on a baby blanket for a friends baby and L is working on a scarf for lovinghands.org.

And i'm still working on the portable green and purple socks. I have another couple of inches to do on the first sock leg. Although I love the colours I am not so much in love with the yarn. The Patons Dreamtime 4ply piles as you knit it and the yarn forward yarn is really really splitty. But I still like the ease of the project. I really am going to have to do some jazzy socks next as I can't keep doing plain socks!

In non-knitting news, my new handbag (Kipling no less) arrived which I paid for courtesy of my ravelry knitting book sales. Big thanks to all those who bought books from me and I hope you are enjoying them. I just have to get all my non-knitting books up for sale now. And Monstrous Regiment audiobook kept cutting out so I am going to have to pick a new one to listen to. Suggestions anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment