Eldest child's hoody had a problem and I had to operate. The front was a good 2" shorter than the back.
See, it's a huge difference and there was no hiding my mistake.
I have no idea how it happened as I was a good little knitter and I counted my rows and I wrote my notes. Obviously I messed up somewhere and my poor knitting had to suffer the consequences. So I prepared the hoody for surgery:
I threaded a knitpicks cable through the stitches at the top of the ribbing and then another one through the stitches 4 rows up.
And then I did the most painful thing known to knitting man and woman. I cut.
And I even took pictures for you all to see. I swear I could hear my knitting screaming. Or maybe that was me! But it's done and I now have a cable supporting the end of the front of the hoody and the ribbing on another cable ready to be added to. I went wrong a few times and I think some stitches are from different rows but I am fairly confident I can tidy it all up and make it good.
I feel I owe it to my poor knitting :o( Wish me luck!
ouch......so far have not had to do that,
ReplyDelete