Kiss River by Diane ChamberlainMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I received this book as an e-book proof from the publisher in advance of the reprint. I have read 'The Midwife's Confession' and 'Kiss River' is just as good. Despite being a sequel to 'Keeper of the Light' which I haven't read, I was able to read this book as a standalone and follow the story and the characters and their history without any problems. The main character of the book, 'Gina' is a new character anyway so you haven't missed anything there.
Although the characters were well written and I did have empathy with a couple of them, I did find that some of them were glossed over when I would want to know more about them and there was a bit of the 'Lost' in the story where nobody seemed to ask the obvious questions??
That aside, it was an enjoyable read and not only would I recommend to fans of Jodi Picoult, etc, it would also encourage me to actually go and purchase more books by this author as I enjoyed her style of writing so much.
The formatting of this e-proof was absolutely spot on with no problems.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment