Saturday, 7 April 2012

A Suggestion About Video??

So I was thinking about impromptu video posts and had a thought? Although ‘official’ video podcasting doesn’t fit into my life at the moment I really missing doing the videos and connecting with my ‘virtual knitting group’. So I was thinking of doing something different and wanted some opinions.
What I was thinking was continuing with updating the blog as and when I can but with video posts as well as written posts. So it wouldn’t be like an official podcast in that there wouldn’t be giveaways, KAL’s, proper sections etc but basically just me blathering away about what’s on my hooks and needles. I wouldn’t be able to commit to a regular schedule either and I know that these missing things would lose me followers (if there are any left after my podfading) but heyho.
Do you think that this is worth a shot guys? Or do you all have enough podcasts to be following without this as well?? (and there are some amazing ones out there!!) 
Please let me know what you think so I can work it out? 

7 comments:

  1. I say that if you feel like throwing up a video every now and then, go for it. I know that I would watch! I don't watch podcasts for the giveaways and the KALS always make me feel guilty because I'm such a total fail at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see you do a video podcast when your able to so we can see what you have been creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please do it. While there are many great podcasts out there, none of them are you and that is what we are here for. Well, and Stanley too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really enjoy one of your podcasts anytime! Your idea sounds perfect. The fun part is seeing you and what you are working on and hearing what chit chat you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you put it on iTunes too? If you did I'd definitely watch. I have never really cared about podcasts coming out on a regular schedule. I just subscribe in iTunes and put them in automatically updated playlists. I have a playlist just for video podcasts and it'd be great if every now and then it was "ooh, a Charminglochie video". If its just on the blog, I'd watch sometimes, but I'm often not in the mood to watch a video while stepping thru my RSS feed. I'd mean to watch it later, but it would probably often get lost.

    As for content, there's no reason everyone has to have all the same types of content, or the same length. Just record the stuff that interests you when you feel like it. I'd love to see just updates on what you're knitting. Let it be whatever length it is, be that 5 minutes or an hour. 5 minutes of fun knitting chat at random intervals beats an hour of forced content every week, at least in my view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it would be fantastic to hear and see you whenever you have the time. Who cares if it is regularly or not? I keep you in my feed reader and don't miss anything, so whatever you choose to share with us makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it sounds like a great idea. I'd watch. I like seeing your projects. They tend to be different from what I do and I can live vicariously.

    ReplyDelete