But I still intend to be updating my blog when I can remember and stuff so try and keep following if you have the time? Also, I asked the other UK podcasters/plurkies if they fancied a weekly Virtual Knit Night and they all did. We've set up a (tentative) time of 8pm on Tuesday evenings for it so check out plurk around about that time to see who's hanging out. We want everyone to come but we've tried to organise a time that's good for the UK ones cos we tend to miss out on a lot of the US ones because of the time difference :o)
This week I decided to commit the rest of March to the US 'National Crochet Month' and only crochet for the remainder. It will mainly be toys as I have some gifts I need to make as well as some items for the window at work such as Bluebird and Russ the Chick. Both excellent patterns from my favourite amigurumi designer Stacey Trock.
At the moment I am working on a pattern that is a birthday gift for someone for next week so I won't be showing that until after I have given it away!! But I have to admit that I do have knitting in my out and about project bag. I'm not a good enough crochter to be able to do it with too many distractions so I have a Kindle Cover for he who pays in the fantastic 'It's An Arizona Thing' colourway from Desert Vista Dyeworks. I love the striping in this and it's on 2.5mm needles so I think it will be my portable project for a while.
On the books front it's all Hunger Games, Hunger Games & more Hunger Games!!! The film is released next week (and it looks like it's going to be AMAZING!) so of course there's a big push on the series in the shop next week. To prepare for that I created a new display at work featuring other fantastic young adult dystopian future novels that Hunger Game Fans will want to try. The list includes:
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (Some of you will know that this is my favourite and I finished reading it for the third time last night. The next in that series 'Insurgent' is due out 1st May. Can't wait!!)
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (currently listening to the audio version narrated by Humphrey Bower and it's fantastic)
- Inside Out by Maria V Snyder
- Pure by Julianna Baggot
- Gone by Michael Grant
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young (this is next on my to read list)
- BZRK by Michael Grant
I'm quickly trying to get through them so that I can promote them properly next week but this is definitely the biggest genre in Young Adult Fiction at the moment. And don't think that because it's Young Adult, Adults can't read it. The quality of writing is no less than adult authors and it's a shame that people forget that. These are excellent titles and if you enjoy Hunger Games you will enjoy these.
Well, I think that's all my chatter for now. A bit shorter than the 50 minute podcasts you were having to sit through lol!! But i'll update as things are happening so keep checking your blog feed and thanks for all your support!
Love your amigarumi!
ReplyDeleteAlso loving the great list of books to read. Checking out each one as we speak. :)
While I will miss the show I can certainly understand why. I look forward to seeing your pics.
ReplyDeleteYes, there are lots of podcasts to watch, but they are not you!! That is why I watched. I did enjoy the knitting too, of course. And the doggy interruptions. So I am sad but fully support you in your decision if it's what you need to do. I'll continue to enjoy the blog posts. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteKwlly
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the lovely pod casts that kept me entertained through the winter. I have looked forward to, and enjoyed every one.
I watch or listen to a lot of knitting pod casts because I rarely watch commercial TV. I am inspired by other people's projects, new pattern discussions, choice of materials and general knitting chitchat and news. I have started to fast forward through all the raffles and just want to see what's happening with the knitting,(successes and failures) and any tips they have to offer.
I would rather see more people podcast about their knitting without feeling they have to give more than that. It seems pod casters feel obligated to do giveaways, swaps and KALs. And I get the sense sometimes as I watch that it is all too much. It must be a lot of work in addition to the podcast and should be completely optional.
A podcast is not like a service people have paid for and have a right to expect on a regular schedule. It's a privilege to be enjoyed.
I will stay subscribed in case you decide to podcast again, however infrequently. You and all the other knit-casters are terrific and should not stress to podcast on regular schedules if it's burdensome or life gets in the way. If you have an occasional change of heart it will be a treat.
Thanks!
Enjoy the crocheting.
Kate
Your birds are stunning, I am trying to crochet a bit more. And thanks for the list of the books you have put in your distopian display, I will be reading them. And I'll be joining in on the VKNs when I can
ReplyDeletewill miss hearing your Gaelic tones. but understand your decision.
ReplyDeletewill try to get on VKN, but my computer is in the living-room, where th telly also resides. Therefore, if His Lordship wishes to watch a programme I am stymmied. :(
anyway, take care and remember pics are always nice.
xxx
Aw, don't beat yourself up over a podcast. I've been missing you and wandered over here to see what was going on. I'll miss you, I truly will.
ReplyDeleteI wish you the very best.
Susan