Thursday, 24 September 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I think I might have had a case of startitis!! But first off are my actual completed projects for the Single Skein September competition:

The first is the Boyfriend Hat from Ravelry free pattern which has been done in beautiful Rowan Cashsoft Aran for my brother in law in the city. The next is a lovely furry pink funfur neck warmer knit in the same stuff I use for the gnome beards but can't remember the name of and the final picture is a neck warmer in purple Wendy Shimmer for my nieces Christmas present which I am going to buy a Disney princess brooch for.


This is a picture of the first of a pair of Dashings that I am making to match the Boyfriend Hat for brother in law in the city's Christmas as a matching set. Hopefully they will be finished before the end of Single Skein September although I can't enter anyway!


We're going to run a 'Socktober' competition at Stornoway Knit N Natter next month so I put two pairs of socks I was working on on hold so I can work on them during October. The first is a pair of pink and purple striped socks in a womens medium using Patons Dreamtime Fairytale 4ply:

I have to admit that I love working with this yarn. And once it's all knit up it washes and wears so well.

The second is a pair of Spider Socks from a Ravelry pattern in the Calana Crafts Grevilla yarn:


And finally on the needles is the pattern Amused in a purple Wendy Aran yarn. I think this one is going to be a while because I have so much to do before Christmas. I knew I should have started earlier!

Maybe I should actually get round to some knitting rather than just casting on!

1 comment:

  1. That is busy! I love the dashings, never heard that term before :) Lucky people getting all these fab handmade gifts!

    ReplyDelete