The blue merino socks which are acting as my portable project are slowly but happily coming along. This is what I would expect as I only really manage to work on them when I am at Knit N Natter.
I cast on the February Lady Sweater last Friday and I love it. I've been mostly working on that when I am at home and although the yarn is 100% acrylic it feels lovely. It's Sirdar Supersoft Aran in a lovely shade of blue and I am hoping this will be the garment to dispell my garment curse!
Birdie from the Lucinda Guy pattern is still on the needles and I won't frog it or give it away but he's asleep for the forseeable future (insert ashamed look here!)
And my final yarn project is the Amigurumi Ladybird from Lion Brand. I love doing this but was overtaken in my lust for the February Lady Sweater. However, I am hoping to have her finished before the WWKIP day event in Harris organised by CalanaCrafts to show off to everyone.
And here's something not entirely unrelated to yarncrafting. I decided to try my hand at making my own stitch markers using Fimo. As you can see the end product isn't entirely attractive but I am happy that the theory is sound so I am hoping to refine the modelling. I'll keep you updated :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment