I did try to continue listening to KnitKnit by Sabrina Gschwandtner but it's just not for me. Normally I love listening to the Knitting Out Loud audiobooks as I find the history and theory of knitting really interesting but this just seems a no go for me.
My next Audible credit is due tomorrow and I already have Dark Fire by C. J. Sansom set for auto purchase with it. This is the next in the Matthew Shardlake series set in the reign of Henry VIII. I am a big fan of any Tudor fiction and I enjoyed the first in this series 'Dissolution' so much I put the second straight for auto purchase. My only grievance with these books is that they are the abridged versions. As far as I can tell there have been no unabridged versions recorded yet and it is unlikely there will otherwise I would have waited. Normally I wouldn't purchase abridged but these had such good reviews I couldn't wait and I am glad I didn't. Knowing me I will buy them all again if unabridged versions are released!!
But that's not until tomorrow so what to listen to today??? I only have a couple of hours listening time available today so I am just going to be patient and wait until tomorrow for the next instalment. I am sure I will find some knitting podcasts to listen to :o)
Speaking of knitting, I have to include this picture of the 'Teresa' colourway of Aran yarn I purchased from Calana Crafts is knitting up:
looking good , not sure if I can replicate it, but I am getting more of the dyes so will try my best, Can I ask what you are knitting? And will 1 hank be sufficient.
ReplyDeleteI'm knitting a pram blanket and 1 hank would be enough. The colours are just so cool I wanted a plain stitch to show it off to the full effect.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you like Knitting Out Loud audiobooks! Sorry you didn't like KnitKnit. We will have Ann and Kay reading from Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines and from their blog ready July 15. You must download, it will take another few weeks to get to Audible.
ReplyDelete