Saturday, 6 June 2009

The Ladybird Has Landed

And she's pretty cute :o) Her eyes are a bit squiffy but we will blame that on 'He Who Pays' as he put the on for me.

I've also made some more stitch markers and a cushion to display them on at the WWKIP Day Event next Saturday:



Cushion is actually just a turtle I knitted up a year ago covered with a piece of quilting fabric but I was fair impressed with my ingenuity! I really enjoy making these and I have been using every different type i've made on my February Lady Sweater. This is because I want to sell these on Folksy but I will only sell ones which I find pleasant to use when knitting. The 'made with love' stitch markers are definately my favourite so I am now waiting for some new charms and beads to arrive to make another batch to sell.

My February Lady Sweater is coming along v e r y s l o w l y :o( This is because I want to make as many amigurumis' as possible to display at the event next week so I am only knitting a couple of rows a day as a treat for working on other things.

I will probably try and finish birdie for the event as well as there is only a couple of pieces left to knit for it and I am casting on the Little Amigurumi Wolf today as well so hope to have that finished. Busy week coming on.

On the audiobook front I finished 'Dissolution' by C.J. Sansom this week. A murder mystery set in a monestry facing dissolution in the time of Henry VIII investigated by a hunchback lawyer. Absoloutly brilliant!! My only fault with this audiobook that only the abridged version is available. Why on Earth do they even bother with abridged??!!! Despite this I have already marked the next in the series, 'Dark Fire', for automatic download when my next audible credit comes in. The narrator, Anton Lesser, was superb which is one factor which can really make or break an audiobook. This is definately a reccommendation.

The Summer edition of Twist Collective also came out this week and there are some fantastic patterns in there. I will definately be purchasing a couple of them and really enjoyed the article 'Swatch It! Summer 2009' by Clara Parkes. One of my favourite podcasts 'YarnCraft' from Lion Brand is adopting a new format. It's going to be shorter but will be weekly which is just fab!! Check it out as they will be covering crafting with kids which will be much needed over the Summer Holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment